This is to notify interested applicants, who wish to appear for the forthcoming IELTS exam (scheduled at RIM on 11th June, 2011). The Institute will officially open the IELTS Exam registration on 4th May, 2011. The registration will close on 26th May (5:00 p.m.), 2011.
You are strongly advised to register early for your own convenience and not wait to register till the last deadline since the deadline will change depending on the number of registrations.
Starting this round onwards, all registration for IELTS exam in Bhutan will be based on first come first serve basis.
Late registration and requests after the deadline WILL NOT be entertained.
Please read the following online registration procedure:
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR CANDIDATES
- Candidates must register online via the British Council Division, India website. You can just Google the website. Go to the Exams icon on the top. Go to How to register title and click on locations. Then, find Registration options and click on Register Online. Punch in the examination date eg. if you are registering for June 11, 2011, click on June 2011 ; Town/City-BHUTAN; Module: Academic for those who are planning to pursue short course or long-term studies. Punch GENERAL module if you are planning to use the IELTS result to seek employment abroad. Candidates are strongly advised to choose Academic module if you are planning to pursue studies.
- Upon successfully registering, you will be provided a Reference Number by the British Council Division through your registered e-mail.
- Please print this reference number.
- You will need 2 passport size photographs- signed at the back (if you wear reading glasses- pictures MUST be without glasses).
- Bring a copy of your ID card/Passport which ever information you had provided while registering.
- Prepare a demand draft of RS/Nu.7600/- from BoB/BNB/PNB payable to “BRITISH COUNCIL DIVISION, Kolkata”
- Submit all these documents to Karma Yangzom in the Program Assistant Room, RIM, Semtokha from 10:00-4:00 p.m.
Note: It is the British Council, Kolkata who administers and manages the IELTS test in Bhutan. RIM acts as a facilitator helping the candidates in Bhutan with the registration processes and distribution of results.