Admission Information on Diploma in National Law (DNL), Diploma in Financial Management (DFM) and Diploma in Information Management System (DIMS)
The Royal Institute of Management will be offering Diploma in National Law, Diploma in Financial Management and Diploma in Information Management System.
1.1 Diploma in National Law (DNL)
The DNL aims to build the capacity of the Supreme Court, High Court, Dzongkhag Courts, Dungkhag Courts, public and private organisations through training of competent personnel in National Law.
1.2 Diploma in Financial Management (DFM)
The DFM aims to assist public and private organizations by:
- building the human resource capacity in the areas of finance and accounts for the government, corporate and private sector; and
- developing the auditing skills required in executing the auditing tasks of the government and corporate organizations.
1.3 Diploma in Information Management System (DIMS)
The DIMS aims to assist public and private organizations by:
- developing proficiency to design and implement solutions, and deploy, install and configure networks;
- exploring the technical and interactive human aspects of computing and computing applications;
- acquainting in office technologies and Internet applications; and
- developing proficiency in authoring both standard and web based applications.
2. Eligibility Criteria and Ability Rating Points
2.1 Diploma in National Law:
Eligibility Criteria: XII passed students with a minimum of 60% in Dzongkha and 50% in English
- Ability rating points: Dzongkha-5, English-4, and 3 other best subjects-2.
2.2 Diploma in Financial Management:
Eligibility Criteria: XII passed students with a minimum of 50% in Accounts and 40% in B.Maths/Maths
- Ability rating points: Accounts–5, B. Maths/Maths–5, English–3, Dzongkha–1 and 1 other subject–1.
2.3 Diploma in Information Management System (Preference will be given to Science Students):
Eligibility Criteria (for Science students): XII passed students with a minimum of 50% in Maths and pass mark in Physics.
- Ability rating points (For Science Students): Maths–5, Physic–3, English–3, Dzongkha–1, 1 other subject–1
Eligibility Criteria (for Arts and Commerce students): XII passed with the minimum of 50% in B.Maths/Maths
- Ability rating points (for Arts and Commerce students): B.Maths/Maths–5, English–3, Dzongkha–1 and 2 other subject –1.
3. Duration of the Programs
All the above listed three courses are conducted for two years (May, 2015 to June, 2017).
4. Student in take
- Maximum of 40 candidates only will be admitted in Diploma in National Law of which 30 will be awarded government scholarships and 10 will be considered for self funding.
- Maximum of 60 candidates only will be admitted in Diploma in Financial Management of which 30 will be awarded government scholarships and 30 will be considered for self funding. (Self funding course will not be conducted if candidates applied are below 15 numbers).
- Maximum of 30 candidates only will be admitted in Diploma in Information Management System of which 25 will be awarded government scholarships and 5 will be considered for self funding.
5. Program Fee and Stipend
No fees will be charged to the government scholarship candidates. A sum of Nu.100, 000.00 (Ngultrum one hundred thousand only) will be charged to each of the corporate candidate and Nu.55, 000.00 (Ngultrum fifty five thousand only) to the private candidate as tuition fees per year. An additional sum of Nu.11, 000.00 (Ngultrum eleven thousand only) will be charged to each of the Diploma in Financial Management and Diploma in National Law trainees both for corporate and private candidate as supervisory fees during on the job training. 50% of the tuition fee must be paid before May 25, 2015 and the remaining fee on February 1, 2016. Corporate and private candidates will be required to bear all other expenses on their own including lodging and accommodations.
6. Application, Deadline and Declaration of results
Interested candidates may apply for the courses online through RIM website: www.rim.edu.bt.
Applications for the courses closes on April 30, 2015. The selection will be held from May 04, to May 11, 2015. Candidates applying for the courses are requested to keep their mobile on during the selection to confirm their enrollment. The selection result will be declared on May 12, 2015. Subsequently, corporate and private sponsored candidates will have to confirm their admission and pay the fees before May 25, 2015 to be formally enrolled for the courses.
7. Selection of Candidates and submission of documents
The selection of candidates shall be carried out by RIM Registration Unit based on the listed criteria.
The selected candidates have to submit the following documents (original) before Tuesday the May 19, 2015 at 05.00 pm to Registration Unit, RIM. A candidate failing to submit the documents (original) as mentioned will be considered dropped from the course and the seat will be offered to the candidate next in line.
- Academic Transcripts – class 12 and 10
- Photo copy of citizen identity card
- School leaving certificate
- Security Clearance
The candidates who appeared and passed the class 12 examinations before 2014 will be required to submit the above documents in hard copy to the Registration Unit of RIM by April 15, 2015.
The candidates selected for government scholarships shall be provided with boarding facilities. The Institute has limited boarding rooms available. Interested corporate and private sponsored candidates may apply for rooms to the RIM Warden in advance. The allotment of rooms in the hostel shall be subject to availability of space and based on merit basis. Corporate and private sponsored candidates, if provided accommodation in the hostel, will be required to pay for the residential facilities and meal at nominal rate as applicable to other government sponsored students.
9. List of items to be brought by boarder and days scholar trainees
For Boarder Trainees:
- RIM Uniform (can be purchased from Sangay Bidha Tshongkhang, Thimphu Town)
- Bed Sheet
- Pillow with pillow cover
- Sport outfit (shorts, vests, white canvas shoes)
- Bed Cover
- Working Dress
- Plate & mugs
- Exercise books
- Chey-chey pay-cha
- Security deposit – Nu. 500/-
- Sports & Cultural Fee – Nu. 50/-
- Football boots, stocking, etc (boys)
For Day Scholar Trainees:
- RIM Uniform (sample can be collected/purchased from Sangay Bidha Tshongkhang, Thimphu Town)
- Exercise books
- Security deposit – Nu. 500/-
- Sports & Cultural fee – Nu. 50/-
10. Reporting Time
Boarders shall be required to report to the hostels on May 24, 2015 at 3.00 pm and Day Scholars on May 25, 2015 at 8.00 am in RIM dress.
For inquiries on the programs, please contact the following official:
Ms. Deki Lhamo, Registration Unit: Telephone No. +975-2-351013/14; mobile: +975-17513611 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org