RIM/GEN-23/2018/939 January 31, 2018
The Royal Institute of Management (RIM) is pleased to announce the following vacancy on consolidated contract for the period of 2 years:
|Sl. No.||Position Title||Vacancy||Position Level||Qualification|
|PhD with minimum 5 yrs of teaching at Training/ Tertiary level or work experience of 10 years and above. Should be able to teach Economics and Research Methods at Masters and PG level|
Interested Bhutanese nationals, who meet the eligibility criteria may submit application with curriculum vitae to the HRD Unit of the Institute with the following documents on or before February 15, 2018 during the office hours.
- RCSC Employment form along with a recent passport size photo
- Attested copy of Academic transcripts;
- ID Card copy;
- Security clearance track number;
- Recent Medical certificate;
- No objection certificate if employed;
- Any other relevant documents
Short listed candidates must bring the original documents at the time of interview.
For more information visit website at www.rim.edu.bt or contact HRD Unit at 351013/14 during office hours.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR)
Position Title: Assistant Professor
Position Level: ES3 A
PhD with minimum 5 yrs of teaching at Training/ Tertiary level or
Work experience of 10 years and above.
Area of Specialization: To each Economics and Research Methods at Masters and PG level
Type of Service: On Consolidated Contract
Period : 2 years (wef 1st March, 2018-28 February, 2020)
The Main duties and responsibilities as teaching Profession
Teaching and Training
- Teach at Master’s Degree and Post Graduate Diploma Levels
- Review, develop and benchmark academic curricula of the various courses/programs.
- Censor academic requirements of programs/courses and recommend appropriate course of actions.
- Direct academic meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences at national, regional and international level.
- Review academic standards and curricula, develop and critique teaching/training materials including case studies, write standard text books, articles, reference materials, and upgrade/benchmark them with acceptable standards.
- Serve as key resource person in one’s subject area/discipline.
- Mentor faculty on academic development.
Research & Consultancy
- Carry out advanced level research and publication works of acceptable standards at the international level (as evidenced through number of publications in international journal of repute).
- Counseling and supervising research works/thesis of Master Degree and PGDPA.
- Participate in/chair Research Councils/Boards/projects and facilitate standards for research works.
- Disseminate research findings through paper presentations, seminars, conferences and other avenues.
- Advisory/Consultancy Services:
- Undertake advanced level advisory/consultancy programs works of acceptable standard at the international level.
- Facilitate high level policy options and provide advisory services on policies and issues of importance at the national, regional and international level.
- Discuss and understand the nature of client’s service requirements at the time of designing/delivery of customized programs
- Mentor junior faculties on research
- Carrying out research works acceptable at the international level demands advanced research knowledge, analytical ability and at the same time efforts to establish concepts and new theories. While carrying out such works, he/she generates new research approaches, tests hypothesis and disseminates findings through publications in journals of repute.
Management and Administration:
- Manage Department as the Head (as and when required).
- Serve in Advisory/Technical Boards of relevant committees.
- Represent the Institute in in-country academic meetings, seminars and workshops.
- Provide expertise in the formulation of development plans/programs of the Department/ Institute.
- Carrying out any other responsibilities
Consolidated Salary and Professional Allowance with House Rent of Assistant Professor level.