Karma Nidup, HoD and Senior Lecturer
Department of Information and Communication Technology
- MSc Information Management AIT (2007)
- B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering, Regional Engg. College, Warangal (1998)
- Teaching and Training and ICT curriculum development and evaluation in tertiary and vocational education
- Academic administration, planning and management
- Information Systems and ICT Project development and supervision
- ICTD enabling eGovernance
Selected Achievement and Experience
- Awarded, National Order of Merit (Gold) for Academic Excellence in 2013
- Royal Civil Service Silver Medal Award for his 20 or more years of dedicated service to the tsa-wa-sum.
- Chiphen Rigpel Project (ICT capacity development), Royal Government of Bhutan, Enabling e-Governance, Focal Person – trained over 7000 public servants between 2010 and 2013
- Returning Officer, National Council and National Assembly Elections for the First Parliament of Bhutan in 2007 and 2008.
- Academic Board (Programs & Quality Committee member), Royal University of Bhutan from 2007 to 2010.
- Industrial Training Committee for Standardizing Vocational Trainings in the Country, National Technical Training Authority in 2002
- Member of National IT Task Force: Development of IT Strategy for Bhutan, leading to the introduction of the Internet into the country in 1999 and 2000.
- Task Force Report (2003).Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Policy for Bhutan – A White Paper. Thimphu, Ministry of Information and Communications, RGoB.
- Nidup, K. (2002).Who Am I .com: The Anonymous Domain Names on the Internet. Zingchong Rigphel, Vol II, 15-17.
- Nidup, K (2013). The Default Buddhist : Can science reinforce our metaphysical beliefs and positively transform our lives? RIM Newsletter, 12, 3-6.
- Nidup, K. (2013). ICT growth and usage in an organization, RIM Newsletter, 13, 2-9.