Dasho Sonam Rinchen, Senior Lecturer
Department of Management Development
- Rigney School, Simtokha (1970-1976)
- Training on Court Procedure, organized by High Court, (2001)
- Training on Sumtag Situdrel Chen, organized by Supreme Court, (2013)
- Bhutanese Law (such as Land Act, Marriage Act, Inheritance Act, Movable and Immovable Act, Court procedure & Penal Code)
- Driglam Namzhag
- Yigkur Namzhag
- Teaching Bhutanese Law, Rigzhung, Driglam Namzhag and Yigkur Namzhag to Post Graduate diploma in National Law (PGDNL) and Diploma in National Law (DNL) at the Institute since April 2002.
- Coordinate and judge Moot Court every year for PGDNL course since 2012.
- Served as Drangpoen of Bumthang, Dagana, Tsirang and Monggar District Court under Royal Court of Justice prior to appointment at RIM.
- Conduct workshop on Court Procedures for newly elected Gups and Mangmis under local governance capacity building.
- Organising Chipdrel, Zhugdrel Phuensum Tshogpa, Marchang ceremony on important occasions.
Recipient of Royal Civil Service Award (Gold medal) for dedicated service to Tsa Wa Sum during 106th National Day, (2013)
Research & Publication
- Sonam Rinchen, (2013). Compile and published Bhutanese Law Books (Land Act, Marriage Act, Inheritance Act, Movable and Immovable Act, Court procedure, Penal Code and Evidence Act).
- Sonam Rinchen, (2005). A comprehensive study of traditional law and modern law.
- Sonam Rinchen, (2004). Developed a case study on Bhutanese Law for PGDNL course.
- Sonam Rinchen, (2012). Contribute Dzongkha New letters title “Labja”.
- Sonam Rinchen, (2008). Compose 100 Years Centenary song and stage cultural programme.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation