Frequently Asked Questions about the Master’s program
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applications will be processed as and when received. Late applicants may not be entertained if the course intake is fulfilled before the last deadline. SO, HURRY UP!!!
IMPORTANT DEADLINE FOR THE RGoB scholarship APPLICANTS FROM THE CIVIL SERVICE:
- Applications to reach Agency-2nd January, 2014
- Agency to submit to RCSC-9th January, 2014
- Shortlist announcement (RCSC website)-14th January, 2014
- Viva Voce-22nd January, 2013
- When is the MBA/MPA/MM course starting from (Month)?
Ans. Orientation of the MBA/MM/MPA usually starts from 28th Feb. and classes commence from March onwards.
- How will the MBA class be conducted? Will it be in the same fashion as MM & MPA?
Ans. It will be same like the MM and MPA, an intensive five day course (from 930am-4:30 pm; 30 hours) in a month and for the rest of the month, students will have to work on their group/individual assignments which has to be submitted online.
- How long are the MPA/MM/MBA courses ( 1 yr or 2 yrs)?
Ans. The stage II is for 1 year and stage I is also for 1 year.
- What do you mean by Stage I?
Ans. Stage I refers to the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) course specifically designed for the FRESH GRADUATES who do not have any work experience.
This is a pathway for FRESH GRADUATES to be able to directly study stage II Master’s course (MBA, MM and MM) after the completion of STAGE I.
- What is the course outline for MBA/MM & MPA?
Ans. Refer MBA/MM/MPA course brochure on the web (MBA, MM & MPA brochures)
- Who are the faculty for the MBA, MM & MPA programs? Are the programs taught by the International Faculty or the National Faculty?
Ans. Renowned and experienced Visiting Professors from the University of Canberra, Australia with PhD qualifications come to teach the MBA, MM and MPA courses here at RIM. They are assisted by the Local Counterparts which comprises of Senior Professors and Faculty members here at RIM.
- Are the MBA, MM and MPA programs certified by the University Of Canberra Or The Royal Institute of Management?
Ans. All the master’s program (MBA, MM and MPA) are certified by the University Of Canberra, Australia. Therefore, you will be awarded the same International Testamur/Certificate from the University of Canberra.
- What is the fee structure for the MM, MPA & MBA?
Ans. For the complete MM and MPA courses, the course fee for the national candidates is Nu.2,30,000/- and for international it’s AUD9,600 (only for STAGE II). The fee can be either paid in full or in 2 installments (50% of the total amount). The first one has to be paid during the time of your Confirmation of Enrollment and the second one (50% of the total amount) on 15th July. For the MBA course,the fee per Unit is Nu.28,750/- and the Units offered will be determined based on candidates’ profiles.
- Earlier, I was informed that for those who have completed the MM and wishing to do MBA with specialization will be required to attend the specialization units/classes only. Is this true?
Ans. The University of Canberra offshore MBA course at RIM is a GENERAL course without any specialization at the moment. Please refer the MBA course brochure for detail course outline.
- Is there an opportunity for the Masters candidates to go for an EXCHANGE Program?
Ans. Opportunity exists for 2 students from each Master’s course on competitive basis at the normal applicable UC rate for each Unit studied during the Exchange Program. However, funding has to be arranged by the individual candidate or the parent organization.
- Can we take our spouse for the exchange program?
Ans. From the 2013 experience of our exchange program students, there were instances of them taking spouses. However, we were informed that they had to pay additional cost such as HEALTH INSURANCE, VISA CHARGES, Medical Examination, etc.
- Is IELTS result a requirement Bhutanese applicants?
Ans. For the Bhutanese applicants, you do not need to provide a IELTS result. English Language Proficiency Certificate (ELPC) from BBE office (located near Kalabazaar) will suffice.
- Is IELTS a requirement for the International candidates?
Ans. Yes, international candidates will be required to provide IELTS result with an overall band score of 6.0 across all bands.
- Will the certificates and other documents need to be attested?
Ans. Yes, but you can attest it from RUB, or have it done by any other personnel who is of a higher authority than yourself. It need not be notarized from Thimphu District Court.
- Will the institute accept hard copy of the final admission documents?
Ans. Yes, we will accept both the attested hard copy and the attested soft copy (email to email@example.com) of your documents.
- I am a civil servant wishing to apply for the MBA/MM/MPA programs? What is the procedure?
Ans. Any civil servant wishing to apply for the RGOB scholarship for the RIM master’s programs must route it via RCSC. All the required criteria is provided in this RCSC website link (http://www.rcsc.gov.bt/announcementContent2.asp?recordid=2013135&menuShow=1). However, if there are any civil servants wishing to apply PRIVATELY, you can directly contact Mr. Chardra Kumar (Focal Person) and proceed accordingly during office hours.
- Do I need to specify the exact number of working years in the respective organization or agencies in the work experience certificate?
Ans. Yes, you will be required to specifically mention the exact number of working years in the respective organization or agencies in the work experience certificate
- Can we apply in another Australian University after completing the UC course at RIM?
Ans. Yes, you can.
- Will it be necessary for us to undergo IELTS exam if we want to apply in another Australian University after completing the UC course at RIM?
Ans. No, the fact that you have a degree from the University of Canberra itself will suffice to prove your English proficiency.
Note: In the application form, in the GIVEN NAME, write your FIRST NAME; Leave the SURNAME/FAMILY NAME to fill in your LAST NAME.