The Royal Institute of Management is pleased to announce the Re-Launching of Diploma in Financial Management.
Admission Information on Diploma in Financial Management (DFM)
The Royal Institute of Management will be offering Diploma in Financial Management
1.2 Diploma in Financial Management (DFM)
The DFM aims to assist public and private organizations by:
- building the human resource capacity in the areas of finance and accounts for the government, corporate and private sector; and
- developing auditing skills required in executing auditing tasks of the government, corporate and private sector.
- Eligibility Criteria and Ability Rating Points
Eligibility Criteria: XII passed students with a minimum of 55% in Accounts and 50% in English.
- Ability rating points: Accounts–5, English–4, Business Math–3, Dzongkha–1 and 1 other subject–1.
- Duration of the Programs
All the above listed three courses are conducted for two years (May, 2018 to June, 2020).
- Student in take
- Maximum of 60 candidates only will be admitted in Diploma in Financial Management of which 22 will be awarded government scholarships and 38 will be considered for self funding. (Self funding course will not be conducted if the number of candidates applying is below 15 numbers).
- Program Fee and Stipend
No fees will be charged to the government scholarship candidates. A sum of Nu.100, 000.00 (Ngultrum one hundred thousand only) will be charged to each of the corporate candidate and Nu. 55, 000.00 (Ngultrum fifty five thousand only) to the private candidate (self funding) as tuition fees per year.
An additional sum of Nu.11, 000.00 (Ngultrum eleven thousand only) will be charged to each of the Diploma in Financial Management trainees both for corporate and private candidate as honorarium & supervisory fees for on-the-job training. 50% of the tuition fee must be paid before May 15, 2018 and the remaining fee on February 1, 2019. Corporate and private candidates will be required to bear all other expenses on their own including lodging and accommodations.
- Application, Deadline and Declaration of results
Interested candidates may apply for the courses online through RIM website: www.rim.edu.bt.
Applications for the courses closes on April 22, 2018. The selection will be held from April 23, to April 29, 2018. Candidates applying for the courses are requested to keep their mobile on during the selection to confirm their enrollment. The selection result will be declared on April 30, 2018. Subsequently, corporate and private sponsored candidates will have to confirm their admission and pay the fees before May 15, 2018 to be formally enrolled for the courses.
- Selection of Candidates and submission of documents
The selection of candidates shall be carried out by RIM Registration Unit based on the listed criteria.
The selected candidates have to submit the following documents (original) before Tuesday the May 15, 2018 at 05.00 pm to Registration Unit, RIM. A candidate failing to submit the documents (original) as mentioned will be considered dropped from the course and the seat will be offered to the candidate next in line.
- Academic Transcripts – class 12 and 10
- Photo copy of citizen identity card
- School leaving certificate
- Security Clearance
The candidates selected for government scholarships shall be provided with boarding facilities. The Institute has limited boarding rooms available. Interested corporate and private sponsored candidates may apply for rooms to the RIM Warden in advance. The allotment of rooms in the hostel shall be subject to availability of space and based on merit basis. Corporate and private sponsored candidates, if provided accommodation in the hostel, will be required to pay for the residential facilities and meal at nominal rate as applicable to other government sponsored students.
- List of items to be brought by boarder and days scholar trainees
For Boarder Trainees:
- RIM Uniform (can be purchased from Sangay Bidha Tshongkhang, Thimphu Town)
- Bed Sheet
- Pillow with pillow cover
- Sport outfit (shorts, vests, white canvas shoes)
- Bed Cover
- Working Dress
- Plate & mugs
- Exercise books
- Chey-chey pay-cha
- Security deposit – Nu. 500/-
- Sports & Cultural Fee – Nu. 50/-
- Football boots, stocking, etc (boys)
For Day Scholar Trainees:
- RIM Uniform (sample can be collected/purchased from Sangay Bidha Tshongkhang, Thimphu Town)
- Exercise books
- Security deposit – Nu. 500/-
- Sports & Cultural fee – Nu. 50/-
- Reporting Time
Boarders shall be required to report to the hostels on May 16, 2018 at 3.00 pm and Day Scholars on May 17, 2018 at 8.00 am in RIM dress.
For inquiries on the programs, please contact the following official:
Tashi Phuntsho Registration Unit: Telephone No. +975-2-351013/14; mobile: +975-17609172 e-mail: email@example.com
Miss Chhimi Om, Registration Unit: Telephone No. +975-2-351013/14; mobile: +975-17799505 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org