Bhutan Journal of Management (BJoM) publishes both theoretical and empirical papers, review/commentaries of the government policy(plans), and case studies having the potential to make a contribution to the Management practice in Bhutan. All the papers submitted to BJoM for editorial consideration will be scrutinized through double-blind peer review so as to ensure standard, quality, and originality. BJoM will endeavor to complete the review process within 4-12 weeks of the receipt of articles. BJoM will maintain zero tolerance for plagiarism. The originality of all the selected articles will be ensured through appropriate software and an undertaking before publication.
The manuscripts, after preliminary screening by the Editor-in-Chief, will normally be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers. The final decision to accept the paper for publication rests with the Editors. The authors will be informed of a decision within 10 weeks of receipt of the article in an acceptable format.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The publication of a peer-reviewed journal requires continuous work, responsibility, liability, and collaboration from all involved parties: authors, reviewers, chief editor, managing editors, associate editors, editors, and board members. The chief editor/ editors have the responsibility of keeping/monitoring the publishing ethics and maintaining the academic record. The Editorial Board assumes their responsibility for verifying the articles of fraudulent data or plagiarism. The editorial team’s goal is to maintain the publication at the highest publication standards, implying: good quality, original, research-based articles, but also corrections, clarifications, retractions, and apologies, if needed. We appreciate the contributions of every involved party to the work that we publish.
Publication and Authorship
All submitted papers are subject to a strict double-blind peer-review process by at least two national and international reviewers;
- The papers before being sent for reviewing are first checked by anti-plagiarism software.
- The authors should provide all sources of data used in the research. Plagiarism in all forms is unacceptable.
- Editors decide which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published;
- Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication;
- Editors should evaluate manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit;
- Peer-reviewers assist the editors in making editorial decisions. Editors publish only peer-reviewed articles;
- Editors have a clear picture of research funding sources;
- An editor will not use unpublished information in the editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
- Any manuscript received for reviewing will be treated as a confidential document;
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors;
- Reviews will be conducted objectively, and observations are formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the paper;
- Reviewers inform the Chief editor/editors on any substantial similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper;
- Reviewers will not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
- Authors will ensure that the submitted article is their original work, which has not been previously published;
- Authors will ensure that the submitted article has not been considered for publication elsewhere;
- Authors will state that all data in the paper are real and authentic;
- Authors will report any errors in their published paper to the Chief Editor/ Editors;
- The authors will provide a revised version of their article, according to the reviewer's recommendations.
Whether intentional or not, plagiarism is a serious violation. Plagiarism is the copying of ideas, text, data, and other creative work (e.g. tables, figures and graphs) and presenting it as original research without proper citation. If evidence of plagiarism is found before/after acceptance or after the publication of the paper, the author will be offered a chance for explanation. If the arguments are not found to be satisfactory, the manuscript will be retracted and the author sanctioned from publishing papers for a period to be determined by the responsible Editor(s).
Be familiar with the process of article publishing, then you can know exactly where your article is in the whole publication process, such as Article Reviewed, Article Accepted, and Article Published.
Publication Charge Policy
BJoM does not charge fees for submission, article processing, publication and to read. The priority is given to the research conducted by Bhutanese authors to ensure their work is visible to the nation and to the world. The journal is a free online open-access journal.
Both the print version and digital version of the journal is archived in the BJoM Library maintained by the BJoM office and also in the Learning Resources and Documentation Center (LRDC) of the Institute. Further, BJoM hopes to make digital archives in the most trusted platform.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site is used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and is not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. However, name, email, and phone number of the corresponding author is made available in correspondence detail of the article, to make it available in a good faith that like-minded people and researchers could contact them.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. BJoM allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose, as long as the author and journal are properly credited.
The authors (or their employers) retain the copyright of their work. The paper cannot be withdrawn at any condition once it is accepted. The Authors may not publish his/her contribution anywhere else without the prior written permission of the publisher unless it has been changed substantially. The Author warrants that his/her contribution is original, except for such excerpts from copyrighted works as may be included with the permission of the copyright holder and author thereof, that it contains no libelous statements, and does not infringe on any copyright, trademark, patent, statutory right, or propriety right of others. The Corresponding Author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all co-authors.
BJoM allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions before accepting a paper for publishing. In return for these rights:
- All proprietary rights are other than copyrights, such as patent rights.
- The right to use all or part of this article, including tables and figures in future works of their own, provided that the proper acknowledgment is made to the Publisher as a copyright holder.
- The right to make copies of this article for his/her own use, but not for sale.
- It is the responsibility of each author to ensure that papers submitted to the journal are written with ethical standards in mind, concerning plagiarism. Please note that all submissions are thoroughly checked for plagiarism. If an attempt at plagiarism is found in a published paper, the authors will be asked to issue a written apology to the authors of the original material.
- Any paper which shows obvious signs of plagiarism will be automatically rejected. The authors will receive proper notification if such a situation arises.
- This paper has not been published in the same form elsewhere.
- It will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
For any concern or complaint regarding publication misconduct, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, affiliation, address with phone number. The privacy of the person will be maintained as long as legally permitted. According to the nature of the complaint, BJoM will take appropriate action.
Conflict of Interest
We require the author, peer reviewer, editors, and editorial staff to disclose any potential conflict of interest related to the article and publishing process. We request authors to user Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form which is a Uniform Disclosure Form for Potential Conflicts of Interest as a means of promoting a standardized approach to such declarations.
Research and Publication Ethics Policy
Maintaining research integrity is shared responsibilities among readers, researchers, authors, peer reviewers, and editors. We take great care to make sure that the research article has maintained such integrity. However, if you suspect any misconduct in our published article, please report it to us. BJoM reserve the right to investigate misconduct in any suspected article submitted or published in the BJoM. We will collaborate and communicate with relevant and concerned authority to maintain ethics in research and publication.