Phurba, Sr. Lecturer
Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology – Canberra Institute of Technology, Canberra, Australia
- Diploma in Information Management System – Royal Institute of Management, Semtokha, Bhutan.
- Teaching and Training IT Courses.
- Design and development of ICT curriculum development and evaluation in tertiary and vocational education
- Academic administration, Planning and management
- Information Systems, ICT Project development and supervision
- MS Applications
- Database Designing & Programming
- Programming Concepts using C, C++
- Desktop Publication
- Web Designing and Development
- Web Application Programming using ASP.Net
- Client Server Technology using C#, SQL Server and ADO.Net
Selected Achievement and Experience
- Recipient of National Order of Merit for Academic Excellence in 2015 from His Majesty the King during the National Day celebration at Paro.
- Recipient of Best Faculty Award in recognition of excellent service and contribution to the Growth & Development of the Institute during 18th RIM Convocation 2014.
- Awarded meritorious promotion and fast track by the Institute and RCSC for his achievements.
- RCSC Bronze Medal Award for his 10 or more years of dedicated service to the tsa-wa-sum.
- Chiphen Rigpel Project (ICT capacity development), Royal Government of Bhutan, Enabling e-Governance.
- Technical Member/Principal Trainer for ethics and integrity programme jointly organized by the RCSC, RIM and the Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Has coordinated and contributed enormously on delivering and design of IT courses for the In-service and private sector officials.
- Has coordinated and conducted one month computer applications course for the Teachers and students during winter breaks.
- Has worked as a counterpart for JOCV Volunteers
- Has designed and developed two software namely Payroll Management System (PMS) and Course Registration System (CRS)).
- Has helped in improving the hostel management ever since he joined in the Institute Campus.
- With almost 15 years experience in a management-training institute in the capacity as an Instructor, Sr. Instructor, Course Coordinator, and resource person for various IT Management Development Programmes is specialized mostly in programming subjects.
- Demonstrated ability in a broad range of skills and competence involving facilitation and development of training courses to postgraduate students, in-service civil personnel and local community leaders and representatives, workshops and seminars.
- Use of IT in schools
- e- Governance