The PGDFM – Business aims to assist corporate and private organizations by:
- Develop range of advanced financial knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for public and corporate sector financial management practices.
- Develop managerial skills and knowledge that enhances the ability
- to make decisions in complex environments that are appropriate and timely.
- Inculcate universal standards of integrity, honesty and ethical attributes.
The PGDFM – Business course provides the following learning modules that are divided into three terms:
|Term||Core Units||Credit points|
|Term 1 (Feb – April)||1. Financial Accounting.||15|
|2. Introduction to Research Methodology||15|
|Term 2 (May – August)||1. Managerial Economics||15|
|2. Financial Markets and Institutions||15|
|3. Management Accounting||15|
|Term 3 (September – November)||1. Principles of Auditing||15|
|2. Corporate Finance||15|
|3. Investment analysis and portfolio||15|
On successful completion of the course, graduates should be able to:
- Constructively analyze and present financial related information
- Manage and guide the management in financial related works
- Provide accurate and timely information for decision making.
- Approach financial and business challenges from local and global prospective.
- Act in accordance with universal standards of integrity, honesty and ethical attributes.
SKILL BASED UNITS /TEACHING LEARNING UNITS
- Management Communication
- IT Fundamentals
- Procurement Management
- Driglam Namzha
- Leadership Effectiveness and Development
- Government Policies and Development Programs
12 months (from February – December every year)