The main functions of Department of Management Development (DMD) are as follows:
- Conduct pre-service courses to the selected Civil Service Trainees Officers in the area of Public Management and Legal Studies.
- Design and conduct modular professional programs in allied field of management and leadership development.
- Provide advisory services on enhancing management development capacities of the Government at all levels.
- Undertake research in the areas of management development to facilitate development of courses and provide policy inputs for the Royal Government and private sector.
- Carry out consultancy to facilitate capacity development in the field of Management development.
As of now DMD offers two regular courses :
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public administration (Click here for more info)
- Post Graduate Diploma in National Law (Click here for more info)
Besides regular course DMD conducts following training programs
- Public Policy and legislation
- Local Governance & Community Services
- Development Planning Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Administrative and Supervisory Management
- Management Communication
- Organizational Behavior