The main functions of the DMD are as follows:
- Design and conduct courses in the areas of Management Development, and Legal Studies.
- Provide advisory services on enhancing management 2. development capacities of the Government including local government.
- Coordinate profession specific programmes in the areas of 3. Management Development and Legal Studies through the respective centres1 established under the Department.
- Undertake research in the areas of management development 4. to facilitate development of courses and provide policy inputs for the Royal Government and private sector.
- Carry out consultancy to facilitate capacity development in the 5. field of management development.