The main functions of the DFB are as follows:
- Design and conduct courses in the areas of Finance, Economics and Business.
- Provide advisory services on enhancing skills and competency development in the areas of finance and business of the Government and the corporate bodies including the private sector.
- Coordinate profession specific programmes in the areas of Financial and Management Development through the Centre for Private Sector Development1.
- Undertake research in the areas of finance, business and economics to facilitate development of course materials and provide policy inputs to the Royal Government and private sector.
- Carry out consultancy to facilitate capacity development in the fields of finance and business.